A family law attorney specializes in the family law relationships which encompass adoption, child custody, visitation rights, domestic violence, divorce, juvenile dependency, marital property rights, support obligations, and paternity.
Family law is the name given to the branch of civil law that a family lawyer or a family attorney covers including the legal relationships among family members, including husbands, wives, parents, children, and domestic partners. A family law attorney or a family law lawyer specializes in the family law relationships which encompass adoption, child custody, visitation rights, domestic violence, divorce, juvenile dependency and delinquency, marital property rights, support obligations, and paternity.
Because these personal relationships are governed by state law, what constitutes "family law" may vary from state to state. Please read on to find a family lawyer, family attorney or to learn more about family law. Family lawyer and family attorney information provided by Lawyers.com.
Find a Family Law Attorney in your area.
Family law deals with family-related issues and domestic relations including, but not limited to:
- the nature of marriage, civil unions, and domestic partnerships;
- issues arising during marriage, including spousal abuse, legitimacy, adoption, surrogacy, child abuse, and child abduction
- the termination of the relationship and ancillary matters including divorce, annulment, property settlements, alimony, and parental responsibility orders (in the United States, child custody and visitation, child support awards).
This list is by no means dispositive of the potential issues that come through the family court system. In many jurisdictions in the United States, the family courts see the most crowded dockets. Litigants representative of all social and economic classes are parties within the system.
- Texas Family Law Attorney www.carolynyounglaw.comDescription: At the family Law firm of Carolyn Hopper Young, attorney Young and her staff provides good guidance to their clients on all family law matters with sound legal advice and effective courtroom representations. They offer services to clients with legal problState: TexasCountry: United States
- Austin Divorce Attorneywww.dougaylaw.comDescription: Whether the case involves a child custody matter, a divorce, a child support issue or any such family law matter; The Law Office of Ryan S. Dougay offers personalized services to clients by respecting their critical situations. Handling each case with higState: TexasCountry: United States